HOW CAN YOU HELP
As followers of Christ, our response to the hurricane disaster is to pray, give, send, and go. As a church, we will be responding to this disaster in three phases.
We are to pray, and give financially.
- Pray for victims and their needs
- Pray for pastors and churches along the East Coast
- Pray for the safety of first responders, volunteers and others offering aid
- Pray for those working to restore power and other needed utilities
- Pray that others will see God's grace and love during this time of tragedy
Hunter Street is collecting financial gifts to aid those in need. You may give through the church website or write a check. Please designate your gift as “Disaster Relief.” 100% of all gifts go directly to disaster relief.
Phase 2 will occur in the coming days when we understand what material goods will need to be collected for us to send. Once we know the needs, we will host a community collection center to collect these goods. We will also need people to volunteer to serve at the collection center. We are to pray, and give financially.
More details to come.
Phase 3 will occur in the coming weeks and months when people can go and serve. We will continue to pray for our neighbors in the impacted areas and we will prepare volunteers with opportunities to go and serve people in the affected area.